2011年4月1日 星期五

米(コメ)

What I have learnt from the survey project

After finishing the survey project, I have learnt how to design a comprehensive questionnaire for collecting date and how to interpret those data in a logical way. Since most of the questions asked in the questionnaire are closed questions, the respondents find it difficult to give further opinions on something based on their answers. To solve this problem, we have tried to allow the respondents to give their comments by adding opinion columns in our survey. In addition, I have learnt we should not assume the respondents know everything. We have to give a brief introduction of our survey project’s topic, especially those special and technical terms. Also, the way of interpreting the collected data might affect our understanding. For example, in our survey project, it is showed that most of the comic and animation lovers are opposed to the new ordinance while others might have no opinions on this matter. Therefore, I conclude that people who love comics and animations are opposed to have any restrictions on ACG because they are the main group of people affected by the new ordinance. Hence, identifying the cause and result can help to interpret those data in a logical way, which I have learnt from this project.

Comments / feedback giving to other groups

Group 1

I strongly agree that Japanese animations and comics has become global culture. It seems that many foreigners appreciate this culture, but how do the Japanese think of this culture? Therefore, group 1’s survey project is interesting and inspiring. They pointed out that most of the Japanese people have negative comments on animations and comics, which is different from our expectation. I believe that this perception may be due to the media. The media always reports the correlation between ACG and crime, leading to misunderstanding about ACG.

- The interpretation of the survey results is detailed
- Good comparison between the Japanese and our expectation
- I agree that HKU SPACE students is proud of ACG, one more point I want to add is that western people regards Otaku as a kind of professional and respect for them

Group 3

I like the topic of group 3 because it is interesting and worth studying it. Studying the perception of the Japanese towards Hong Kong not only provides an opportunity to understand the Japanese more, but also gives chance to reflect ourselves. For example, majority of the Japanese think that Hong Kong people are rude. Therefore, there is a need to improve Hong Kong people’s attitude towards tourists. Of course, we may try to promote the things that the Japanese want to know more, such as the night view in Victoria Harbour. I hope the Japanese can be more familiar with Hong Kong from group 3’s survey project =]

- Good presentation skill
- In-depth analysis of the survey results
- I also wonder that most of the Japanese go to HK because of night view

7 則留言:

  1. wow! you did it so quickly!!
    I can't agree more !That is also what I have learnt in this survey project(mostly)

    回覆刪除
  2. You remindered me that we should consider the range of year since it makes the value division between different genrations.

    I also learned from your presentation actually!!

    回覆刪除
  3. Our classmates group presentations were impressive. This gives pressure to coming group.XD
    From this survey project, I also learnt how to make a good questionnaire.

    回覆刪除
  4. I do really feel the pressure from 3 previous groups..orz...

    The presentations were really well-planned and I think we can really learn from each other. ^^

    回覆刪除
  5. I think your group did a great job in this survey! I have learnt what the Ordinance is from your presentation. I also agree with your difficulties when doing this online survey, how to set a good question really needs skill !!!

    回覆刪除
  6. You have done a very great job~~~I learn a lot from your presentation~~ Thanks

    回覆刪除